TERMS & CONDITIONS
THESE STANDARD TERMS OF SERVICE APPLY TO PERSONAL USE OF OUR SERVICES
Version date: 01:06:2020
We are 1AB Taxis Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (registration number: 1867226 whose registered address is located at Telford House 18-24 Garden Street Darlington DL37TB
We provide a booking service for passenger transportation via a driver or partner who is a licensed operator as set out in these Terms.
We keep these Terms (including pricing) updated and we amend them every so often. Please remember to check these Terms before you make a Booking as the latest set of Terms will apply to your Booking.
A Booking constitutes an offer by you to purchase Services in accordance with these Terms. A Booking shall only be deemed to be accepted when we issue written confirmation of the Booking via text message, email or push notification from the App or on commencement of the Booking (whichever is the earlier), at which point and on which date and time a contract for those services to which the Booking relates shall come into existence. There is no obligation on us to accept a Booking and it may be declined for any reason.
Each Contract for Services is between you and the Driver or Partner. We are the disclosed agent for each Driver or Partner for the purpose of arranging and agreeing Bookings between you and the Driver or Partner. Each Driver or Partner is responsible in each and every case, for the performance of the Services under a Contract.
1AB shall check that each Driver or Partner maintains motor liability insurance, regulatory and all other compliance obligations required by law and for best practice in the location in which the Partner/Driver provides those Passenger Services.
PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGES
On providing your pick-up address, destination address and selecting the vehicle type required, you will receive a quotation showing the amount of the charges for the requested journey.
The charges are based on our chosen route between your collection address and destination address (via any other pick-up or drop-off points you specify at the time of making the booking).Many charges are a fixed price fare.
We are a booking agency acting as the disclosed agent of any driver or partner. Any contract to supply services is between the customer and the driver or partner. We charge a booking fee for each contract of services made between the customer, driver and or partner. This fee will be collected by the driver or partner on our behalf and will be included in your quotation for your requested journey.
We may permit changes to a Booking by a Passenger on whose behalf the Booking was made, and you acknowledge that you are liable for all Charges and Additional Charges for the Booking as changed.
In relation to Passenger Services Additional Charges shall be payable if:
- you change the collection address and / or destination address or vehicle type;
- you ask the Driver or Partner and the Driver or Partner agrees, to make any additional pick-ups or drop-offs;
- you require the Driver or Partner to take any variation of or follow a different route from our chosen route;
- you require the Vehicle to carry more passengers than indicated when making the booking;
- you require the Driver or Partner to wait between the stops of a Return Journey;
- you or any other Passenger, domestic animal contaminate or damage a Vehicle, in which case a cleaning fee up to a maximum of £100 shall be charged;
- tolls or road related charges are payable in relation to your booking;
- you make an Airport Booking. For the avoidance of doubt an Airport Meet and Greet Fee is payable for each and every Airport Booking.
- a Parking Fee, Waiting Time Fee, Drop Off Fee and/or Cancellation Fee may be applicable to your Booking.
- you do not specify that the Vehicle is to carry a pet when making the Booking, and the Driver subsequently agrees to carry such pet
Where you book a wait and return journey, there is no Inclusive Waiting Time between stops and Additional Waiting Time shall be payable at the rates quoted in respect of waiting time accumulated between the stops.
Drivers and/or Partners are unable to allow more than two minutes embarkation or disembarkation time in a Restricted Street. Where additional time is required, the Driver shall use best efforts to find a nearby convenient location for you or your Passengers to embark into the Vehicle and a Waiting Time Fee will be payable by you.
PASSENGER SERVICES SPECIFIC TERMS
Airport Bookings, when making an Airport Booking you must provide the flight number. We use it to track your arrival time to calculate (i) Airport Inclusive Waiting Time; and (ii) Additional Waiting Time.
MINORS & TEENAGERS
We will not allow unaccompanied Minors to travel alone in a vehicle unless this is an authorised controlled education authority or other related account booking. We will notify the Minor’s parent or guardian and/or relevant regulatory authority, in the event that we suspect a Minor is travelling unaccompanied and shall advise that the booking cannot be completed without the Minor being accompanied. In some circumstances for example if this is a controlled education authority or other related account booking and subject to the parent/guardian’s consent, we may allow teenagers to travel unaccompanied, provided that when making a booking for any unaccompanied teenager, you inform us that an unaccompanied teenager will be travelling. We may, at our discretion, decline to accept such bookings and we shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of these terms if we decline to accept such booking. We do not accept any additional responsibility for any Minor, or Teenager, who travels unaccompanied in a vehicle.
You must inform us when making a booking if you or any passenger wishes the vehicle to transport a domestic animal, failure to do so at time of booking may result in the driver or partner refusing to accept carriage and a cancellation fee may be payable which may amount to the full cost of your journey.
NB: Guide dogs are not subject to this condition and may be carried without notifying us when making a Passenger Services Booking.
A passenger must be present in the vehicle with the pet throughout the booking journey. Each pet to be transported must be in an appropriate locked box or cage, or otherwise appropriately restrained. We will only accept a passenger booking for a domestic animal, such as a dog, cat or bird. 1AB does not accept any liability for any damage to your pet during loading or unloading or throughout the provision of the passenger booking.
Passenger property. If you or any passenger leaves any property in a vehicle, 1AB will not be responsible for such property. Where a Driver and or Partner finds such property, we will use reasonable efforts to restore the property to you on that day, charges may be applied to do so, if we cannot restore the property that day, the driver and or partner must present the property to the Police Station for safe keeping, 1AB do not take any responsibility for property of driver or partners passengers, 1AB do not have the facility to store such property.
During the provision of any Passenger Services, you and all your Passengers must:
- not smoke, including electronic devices
- not play any musical instrument or broadcast any recorded music;
- not consume alcohol nor be intoxicated;
- not consume any food whilst in the vehicle
- wear a seatbelt at all times whilst in the vehicle;
- not engage in excessive physical contact;
- not behave in a disorderly, inappropriate, threatening or abusive manner, or be a nuisance, distraction or a danger to the driver/partner or other road users;
- unload and load your own luggage. drivers may assist at their discretion; and/or at the request of the passenger again at their discretion
- not film or record inside the vehicle at any time.
- If you and any of your passengers do not comply with the above conditions, the Driver may refuse to commence or continue your Booking, and you shall be charged a Cancellation Fee.
- Drivers and/or Partners (as applicable) may, at their discretion, assist you or your Passengers needing assistance to enter or exit the Vehicle, but shall do so at your risk.
You may cancel a Booking for the provision of Passenger Services without charge in the following circumstances:
- you made a Passenger Booking and a Driver or Partner (as applicable) has not been allocated to the Passenger Servicer Booking.
- you made an ASAP Booking and the Driver takes more than 10 minutes longer to arrive at the Collection Address than originally quoted; or
- you made a Pre-Booked Booking and you have not received an SMS or in app push notification advising you that your Driver or partner is on the way.
When making a Booking, up to 100% of the quoted booking charge could be payable by you if the Booking is cancelled 3 hours prior to the booked pick-up time
You acknowledge that if you change the Collection Address after the Driver or Partner has been allocated, such Booking will be cancelled, and a new Booking will be made for the new Collection Address. You may therefore be liable for a Cancellation Fee and/or refund depending on the timing of the cancellation.
In all other situations where you cancel a Passenger Booking or you or your Passengers do not appear for the Passenger Booking, a Cancellation Fee shall be charged.
Nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit any liability:
- for death or personal injury caused by negligence;
- for fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other fraudulent act or omission;
- to pay sums properly due and owing in the normal course of performance of the Services and/or these Terms.; and/or
1AB are not liable to you whether for breach of contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) for any:
- loss of profit;
- loss of sales, turnover, revenue or business;
- loss of customers or contracts;
- loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill;
- loss of opportunity;
- loss of software or data;
- loss or waste of time; and/or
- indirect, consequential or special loss
Arising out of or relating to these terms, whether or not such loss was foreseeable or if such loss was advised of its possibility (and, for the purposes of this section, the term “loss” includes a partial loss or reduction in value as well as a complete or total loss).
1AB shall not be liable or responsible for any errors in or failure to provide the Services due to your error or failure to provide accurate and complete information.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the booking systems are available, we do not enter into any agreement to the effect that the services and/or the booking services will be available at all times or that the use by you of the booking services will be entirely uninterrupted or error-free.
1AB total liability to you, arising out of or relating to these terms and/or any contract and/or the services and to anything which it has done or not done in connection with the same (whether from breach of contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) shall be limited to the higher of the following:
- in relation to any Services provided pursuant to a contract for all claims arising from, or in relation to, any given event or series of connected events, the amount of the charges payable (whether or not yet paid) by you to 1AB for that Contract; or
- in the aggregate under these Terms: £100 (one hundred pounds sterling).
MODIFICATION AND TERMINATION
We may modify these terms or terminate use of the services, and/or the booking systems at any time by publishing such change on our website 1abtaxis.co.uk or any other booking system that we make available at our sole discretion. If you do not agree to any changes, you must stop using the services and the booking systems. We reserve the right to change, suspend, terminate, discontinue and/or cease the operation of all or part of the services and/or one or more (or all) of the booking systems (including for the avoidance of doubt any aspect of the services and/or the booking systems) from time to time at our sole discretion.
If any provision of these Terms is deemed or becomes invalid, the validity of the other provisions shall not be affected.
We shall not be in breach of these terms nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of our obligations under these Terms if such delay or failure results from a circumstance not within our reasonable control. In such circumstances we shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.